Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 2

As planned before I and Mrs. Laila the Head of Salaries and Allowance Section and the two other staff Thuraya and Esam attended a training course on GRP system for three days, the course is divided into three session and started from Tuesday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 12: 30 pm. The training course was not in the same building we had to go to the workshop which is in the opposite side. Mr. Bilal the trainers for GRP system in the beginning of the course explained to us step by step about the system and he gave each one of us a course booklet.
In addition, he explained that we need only to focus on how to do the payroll, but as I did not attend the basic sessions before with the HR staff he will do a revision for me to help me to understand it more. First thing we entered the system by username and password which he created for us, then he told us to create a new entry for a new staff by adding the name, gender, staff no, DOB and Nationality, Moreover, Mr. Bilal explained that when we choose a category for the employee civil or military and the program will automatically add the basic salary and allowances for each category, however we have to learn how to add other allowance for each of them such as: death, tickets, official leave, end of service, etc,… Second, we started with the military category and all allowances belong to this category and in the next day we learn about the civil category. Plus, he explained that if we added different allowance by mistake the system will not accept it and we applied the steps will him and entered different allowance for different category and we got an error message.

Furthermore, he showed us how to calculate the leave salary and it was very easy steps we just have to enter the start date and end date then click add icon and it will calculate the numbers leave days with the salary. He added that creating a new entry for each staff is the Personnel Affairs section responsibility and we have to do the process to pay the staff their monthly salary and allowances.

In my opinion, the system is very easy; however, it required accuracy and entering employee correct information. I hope we will start using the system from next week so we will not forget the step. Also I want to add that Mr. Bilal was very helpful and patient with me he knew that I am new to the system so he told me I didn’t understand any step he will explain it to me again he told me to remind him after the course will finish to give me a book on how to use the system. And I think leaning about GRP system is useful for me because I will help me in the current work and if I am planning to work in other government sector as they all are using the same system.

No comments:

Post a Comment